You're very passionate about your music but have discovered that this same passion is not enough to create high quality recordings...
You've searched YouTube and Google for recording techniques making limited progress but your projects still don't sound as professional as you'd like them too...
You know the gear you currently have is capable of producing much higher quality audio but you're left frustrated because you're just not sure how to get there...
You're not alone and it's not your fault...
Advancements in today's technology has made very high quality gear extremely affordable to the average musician, singer/songwriter or recording engineer.
However, just having the right gear and software does not guarantee a professional quality mix.
That's why I created the Backstage Coaching Club.
As a 20 year veteran recording enginner, I simply got fed up with the lack of support for the "working man: home studio owner.
I saw a void that often leaves the project studio enginner stuck and frustrated in their passionate pursuit to build industry quality projects.
I become so tired of the elitist pro studio enginner mindset that says "you can't build a great mix without decades of experience and half a million in gear".
Now YOU, can begin making professional quality mixes...
Here's a summary of what you get from the Backstage Coaching Club:
Use my one of kind, step-by-step, checklist guide through everything you need to know to build your own high quality recordings. You can go as fast or as slow through the system as you'd like and track your progress each step of the way.
A-Z, Module Training
Over 36 A-Z, lesson videos walking through the entire processing from start to finish, of recording, mixing, and mastering your own home and project studio recordings.
Wondering how well your progressing in your mixing? You'll be able to get optional mix feedback and helpful ideas on how you can really take your projects to the next level.
Ask additional questions and get a priority, “to the point," direct video response. Dynamic Content videos are achieved so you can get more answers any time you need.
Members Only Content
Access to additional content only available to Backstage Coaching Club members. This includes exclusive interviews, tutorials, and more on the latest tips in home recording.
Members also get exclusive access to the private Facebook group, the perfect place to get more answers, mix critiques, peer support, and connect with other like minded students.
Access to bonus and exclusive resources not available outside of Backstage Coaching Club membership. This includes members only discounts on partner products and services.
Take a sneak peak inside the Backstage Coaching Club...
The Coaching Club is an all inclusive, online training and resource guide covering every area needed for high quality home music studio recording, mixing, and mastering...
The A-Z, step-by-step training includes...
Module 1: Recording Tracks That Mix Well
You'll walk through the step-by-step proven process of recording and building your entire project tracks. We'll cover everything from mic placement techniques, to recording chains, acoustical treatment, essential gear, and much more (12 total lessons).
- Lesson 1: Introduction - Recording Tracks That Mix Well
- Lesson 2: Why Don't My Tracks Sound The Same In Other Systems?
- Lesson 3: Room Acoustics 101
- Lesson 4: Preparing To Record Your Tracks
- Lesson 5: Recording Your Click And Scratch Tracks
- Lesson 6: Building Your Professional Drum Tracks (Part 1)
- Lesson 7: Building Your Professional Drum Tracks (Part 2)
- Lesson 8: Building Your Professional Bass Tracks
- Lesson 9: Mic Techniques and Recording Acoustic Instruments
- Lesson 10: Recording Your Professional Electric Guitar Tracks
- Lesson 11: Piano/Synth And Everything You Need To Know About MIDI
- Lesson 12: Five Keys To Recording Your Professional Vocal Tracks
Module 2: Building a Mix That Masters
You'll learn the entire process of mixing your audio projects in the home music studio. We cover everything you need to know about compression, EQ, reverbs, delays and lots of other insider mixing techniques. This module will build upon module 1, and take it to the next level (12 total lessons).
Building a Mix That Masters Module Lessons
- Lesson 13: Introduction to Post-Production, Reference Mixes, Mixing Tools, and Routing
- Lesson 14: FX Chains and Sculpting Our Drum Overhead Mic Tracks
- Lesson 15: EQ, Room Mics, Kick Drum Distortions, and Parallel Compression
- Lesson 16: Plug-in Alternatives, Snare and Hi Hat In Our Drum Mix
- Lesson 17: Toms, Width Tier, and Mono Reverb
- Lesson 18: Stereo Width, Room Mics, Stereo FX's, Hi Hat, and Bass Guitar
- Lesson 19: Alternate Ducking for Bass Guitar
- Lesson 20: Sculpting Our Lead Vocal Track (Part 2)
- Lesson 21: Vocal Width, AutoTune, Reference Mixes and Backing Vocals
- Lesson 22: Making Progress, Sculpting Acoustic Guitar, and Building Stereo Width
- Lesson 23: The 3 Sweet Spots In Mixing, Automation, and Final Tweaks (Part 1)
- Lesson 24: Automation, Mix Compression, and Final Tweaks (Part 2)
Module 3: Home Music Studio Mastering
You will learn the mastering process to assure your mixes will sound balanced in any playback system. Use EQ, compression, and limiting, as well as several other advanced techniques, to create an amazing quality master of your project. You will create hard copies and/or digital versions of your projects (12 total lessons).
- Lesson 25: Introduction To Mastering in the Home Music Studio
- Lesson 26: Creating Your Mastering Project And Loading The Basic Tools
- Lesson 27: Building A Mid-Side Processing Matrix and Side HP Filtering
- Lesson 28: Mastering EQ, HP Filters, Bass and Mids
- Lesson 29: Mastering EQ and Balancing The High End
- Lesson 30: Downwards and Upwards Compression In Mastering
- Lesson 31: Mastering EQ Within The Mid Side Matrix
- Lesson 32: Creating Industry Standard Width In Home Music Studio Mastering
- Lesson 33: Multi-band Compression in Home Music Studio Mastering
- Lesson 34: Two Stage, Final Mastering Limiter Technique
- Lesson 35: Mastering Multiple Tracks and Final Export
- Lesson 36: Redbook Master CD's, DDP Images, and Selling Your Projects
Learn at your own pace...
30 Day No Questions Asked Money-Back Guarantee
Grab your Access to “THE BACKSTAGE COACHING CLUB” now and see it for yourself over the next 30 DAYS If for any reason you’re not happy, just ask in the first 30 days and I’ll give you your money back. No hassles and we can part as friends. “100% Money-Back Guaranteed.”
Now honestly, I don’t really believe you will need to but, to help put your mind at ease, this is my 100%, no risk offer, just for you.
Still sitting on the fence? Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions...
What software and hardware do you use for the tutorials?
So all of this training is designed to be universal to most any modern DAW (eg. ProTools, Cubase, Logic Pro, ect.). The same is true of hardware. I teach a model that will give you great results with almost any audio interface. That said, I demonstrate the Coaching Club lessons using the Reaper DAW and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface.
What if I don't have the time to complete all the training?
You’ll have access to the content as long as your membership is current. This means you can come back to the video lessons in 2 days or 2 weeks and the training will be there for you when you need it. The A-Z modules can be follow as fast or as slow as your schedule allows. You’ll be able to check off your progressive along the way and come back to where you’ve left off.
What type of format is the Coaching Club in?
All of the content inside the coaching club is streaming video with optional audio download. The content can be viewed on most any device connected to the internet. This includes most smartphones and tablets.
Do I have the right gear I need to make good use of this training?
In the introduction lessons of the Coaching Club I will walk you through the essential gear you need to get started. I’ll give you several options that will work for most any size budget. If you have an audio interface, a pair of headphones, a single mic and recording software than you already have what you need to get started.
Is there a guarantee?
Absolutely…all my premium training products have a 30-day, no-questions-asked guarantee. In other words, if you aren’t happy for any reason, just let me know and I’ll give you your money back. You can also cancel your membership anytime from within your account. I honestly don’t think it’ll come to that, but if you’re even the least bit worried if this will work for you, then let me put your mind at ease. You either get the results you want or you get your money back. It’s as simple as that!
How long will it take to get access to the Backstage Coaching Club?
You have Immediate access. You will create a username and password as part of the checkout process for the training. You’ll then be able to immediately log into the members area of Home Music Studio 1 and access your premium training there.
If I don't use Facebook can I still get support via email?
Absolutely! Even though Facebook is free and the private group does not require you to use a Facebook account for anything else, there is a special support email inside the members area for priority answers.